Modernized CSRS-PPP Service
In order to fully support multi-GNSS data, generate ambiguity resolved PPP (PPP-AR) solutions, and move towards faster convergence, the Canadian Geodetic Survey (CGS) transitioned to a modern GNSS processing engine in August 2018.
- Height bias correction (4-5 mm)
- Improved single frequency positioning (code & phase) solution
- Support for RINEX v3
- Machine-readable summary text file format allowing for easier automation
- Capable of processing all GNSS constellations and signals (once IGS or NRCan precise products become available)
- Improved integration with existing CGS transformation tools
- This software upgrade is also the first step towards PPP-AR and co-operative PPP solutions allowing for faster convergence and shorter observation requirements in the future.
- Submission interfaces and options did not change
- Some outputs changed, with the most significant being the format of the summary text file (.sum)
- Small height discontinuity (due to bias correction) for users analyzing static time-series
For CSRS-PPP website users, the solution is returned via email at the address provided on the submission page. For PPP direct (desktop app) users, CSRS-PPP outputs can be returned via email and/or downloaded directly to a user-selected folder.
- A solution report (.pdf) presenting the PPP results in a combination of textual and graphical information. For report descriptions see:
- A summary file (.sum) which contains the parameters and the results of the PPP processing in (a machine-readable) text format. See summary description.
- A position file (.pos) containing the positioning information for each epoch processed. See position file description.
- A comma-separated (.csv) format text file containing the positioning and clock information for each epoch processed.
- A JSON format residual file (.res) containing the solution residuals for each epoch/signal pair. See residual file description. Note that a tool to transform residual files from JSON format to text (ASCII) format is available here.
- An error file in text (.txt) format containing any errors or warnings from the processing.
Sample Output Files:Static Solution, Kinematic Solution, Residual File
Use of Canadian Geodetic Survey products and data is subject to the Open Government Licence - Canada
- Date modified: